You are cordially invited to the
AWHONN Pinellas Chapter Meeting
Topic: Anatomy & Physiology of Breastfeeding
Presented by Dawn Baltz, MSN, RN, IBCLC
1 CEU Pending Approval
Place: Morton Plant Hospital Alder 3 Mom Baby Multipurpose Room 300 Pinellas St. Clearwater, Florida 33756
Tuesday, October 22nd Networking begins at 7 PM Presentation begins at 7:30 PM Followed by a tour of the OB Facility if interested.
Register by Eventbrite by October 21st. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/awhonn-pinellas-chapter-meeting-tickets-66368848011
Monday, October 28, 2019
Registration: 5:30 Program: 6:00
Sue Bowles, DNP, APRN, RNC-NIC, CBC, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Neonatal Services, WPH
AdventHealth For Women
First Floor Classroom
$5 for AWHONN members and students
$10 for Non-Members
Remember to bring a friend!!
Please register for meeting by
Friday, October 25, 2019
We need an accurate head count for food!
Link for Eventbrite is below:
Questions? Contact AWHONN.email@example.com
or Jeni Bowlin 321-696-8069 or Tracy Fitzpatrick 407-496-6360 with any questions
Come learn about the Maternal- Infant transport team & how we are caring for women and infants throughout our community!
Nikki Shimko RN, BSN, CCRN, CPN C-NPT and Alycia Wolf BSN, RNC, EMT-P will be updating us on our region’s maternal-child transport program.
About this Event
The Lee-Collier Chapter AWHONN chapter is hosting this event to help spread the word on the regional maternal transport program in Lee and surronding counties. AWHONN members and non-members are welcome!
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/awhonn-new-services-to-our-community-regional-maternal-infant-transport-tickets-74817173179
AWHONN Members: $10.00
Women with Inherited Bleeding Disorders
Presented by Ellen Leum, RN, MSN, FNP Senior Medical Liaison Novo Nordisk
Tuesday, October 15th
6 PM Registration
6:30 Presentation and Dinner
AWHONN Members: FREE, Non-Members: $15, Students: $10
Register on Eventbrite:
Fall Kick Off Pizza Party & Meeting
Come on out for an evening of networking with your colleagues! Help us kick off and plan the year with your suggestions for meeting times and topics.
Pizza and Soft Drinks provided
Cost $5 Register at the door!
September 30th 7:00 PM-8:30 PM
Also mark your calendars for our next AWHONN March Madness! One day seminar scheduled for Thursday, March 26m 2020 in Cocoa, Florida
Please join the Broward chapter of AWHONN for a dinner presentation on
Dr. Mark Spence, MD, FACOG
Chief of OBGYN at North Shore Medical Center
This dynamic presentation will:
- Present the authorities’ position regarding patient rights.
- Discuss the principles of medical ethics in relation to the authorities and patient’s rights.
- Review cases on issues surrounding patient rights.
1.0 Contact hour is pending for approval provided by North Shore Medical Center.
Dinner sponsored by Mead Johnson Nutrition.
Event registration and networking begins at 6PM; Program starts at 6.30PM.
Attention Nurses! Let’s promote mentoring by inviting a new nurse who recently, within the past year, entered the Perinatal speciality! You will receive one entry to a raffle prize for each new recruit.
We look forward to seeing you! Please bring a copy of your ticket to the event. You can save it on your smart devices or via the eventbrite app.
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/awhonn-broward-chapter-meeting-tickets-65956883815
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
This webinar will discuss the physiology of opiate and buprenorphine transfer across the placenta and explain the agonist/antagonist action
About this Event
- Compare data about maternal use of methadone, buprenorphine and nicotine use and the length of time pharmacotheraphy is required for neonatal abstinence syndrome.
- Discuss the use of buprenorphine, oral morphine and methadone for neonatal abstinence syndrome.
- Review the importance of non-pharmacological therapies to support the newborn experiencing neonatal opioid withdrawal to include the physical environment of care, parent partner care model.
- Outline key nursing assessments and interventions aimed at preventing and minimizing the risk of cesarean surgical complications
AWHONN Members may complete an evaluation online at awhonn.org to receive 1.0 hours CNE available through 12/31/2019.
We would like representatives from Baptist South, St Vincent’s Riverside, and UF Health Jacksonville to speak on a panel about the FPQC NAS Initiative. Please contact Amanda if interested, 904-472-0115.
Click Here To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jacksonville-chapter-awhonn-meeting-neonatal-abstinence-syndrome-tickets-68791379869?fbclid=IwAR2hYgILZfx_r1HW5juLDbVEM0wWycXpb214WitdREKZoc_Svu4GWbrlhjc
AWHONN’s Palm Beach and Treasure Coast Chapter invites you to an educational evening. Join us at Morton’s Steakhouse in Boca Raton. Enjoy fun, food, important education and networking with your colleagues. This program is designed for those who work in an area of maternal child, labor & delivery, newborn nursery, postpartum and neonatal ICU.
Title: Newborn Stem Cells: Current & Potential Clinical Applications
Presented by Heather Brown, MS, CGC Vice President, Clinical Innovation
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Registration begins at 5:30 PM
1 contact hour provided by Palms West Hospital
Location: Morton’s Steakhouse, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, FL 33486
Cost $10.00 for AWHONN members and $15.00 for all others
Please register for yourself – single registrations only. Nursing license number is needed. Seating is limited.
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sept-11-2019-awhonn-pbctc-chapter–tickets-61690906161?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=esfb&utm-source=fb&utm-term=eventcard&fbclid=IwAR31eCPFfAi7UxFQdlc3kxrsG7zSdJnFz5JvKHzFSRQQSOzaYbrmNos0hcY
Evidence Based Strategies to Optimize Intended Vaginal birth
Jessica Brumley CNM, PhD Director Division of Midwifery University of South Florida
Review the guidelines for diagnosis and management of labor dystocia.
Understand the hormonal physiology that contributes to labor progress.
Review techniques for interventions that promote labor progress.
- Discuss the nursing role in implementation of evidence based strategies that promote labor progress. Main Entrance- you will go to the West Pavilion Elevators. Go to the 4th floor. When you exit the elevators check in with the security guard and get a pass. Once checked in, turn left (from facing the security desk) and make the next left before entering the NICU. Follow that hallway to the next right and the conference room will be at the end of the hallway on the right hand side. Fee for parking in the parking garage
- Registration starts at 6pm- speakers will start at 6:15pmDinner provided by Abbott
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic: Treatment of Hypertension
Speaker: Kimberly Huber, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, RNC-OB, Program Manager Perinatal Services, WPH
Sponsor: Bimedco Group
To Register Click Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/awhonn-central-florida-chapter-meeting-on-monday-august-26-2019-tickets-67996965755